Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Waiting for Sunrise by Eva Marie Everson

About the Book:

Sometimes finding your future means making peace with your past

Patsy Milstrap wishes she could leave her past behind. Though she tries to put on a brave front for the sake of her family, the wounds still ache, and the scars on her soul are still deeply felt. At her concerned husband's gentle insistence, they take a vacation from South Carolina on Cedar Key, an idyllic island on Florida's Gulf Coast. A week in paradise will do them good, he says.

When a familiar--and most unexpected--face greets her at a seaside restaurant, Patsy knows she can no longer run from the past. But what will opening old wounds mean? And what will the future hold?

With a large helping of Southern charm, Waiting for Sunrise is a touching story of family, young love, and the need for forgiveness. Eva Marie Everson expertly draws out the bittersweet moments of life, weaving them into a tale that will envelop your soul.

My Review:

3.7 Stars

I was very hesitant to read this book after reading book one, Chasing Sunsets, which I did not like at all. I was pleasantly surprised that this book was so much better and I found it hard to believe that they are in the same series and written by the same author. Waiting for Sunrise tells Patsy's story, who was a secondary character in book one, but is set the past and there is only one chapter that even references anything from the first book. That makes this book great as a stand alone. While I enjoyed reading this book, that did not take me long at all to read, I can't say it was a favorite. In the end it felt very anti-climatic and really kept a sad tone throughout the book. It does deal with some heavy issues such as mental illness in the 1960's. I do want to put out a warning that I can't really say that it is a christian book, while there was no language or other moral issues there was no real faith aspect to it all, a reference here and there. In the end, I am not really sure what I think, and it left me wanting more.

*I received this book from Revell Books for the purpose of this review. 

1 comment: