Thursday, June 21, 2012

Love in Disguise by Carol Cox

About the Book:

Can she solve the crime before they uncover her true identity?

Jobless and down to her last dime, Ellie Moore hears about a position with the Pinkerton Detective Agency and believes it's the perfect chance to put her acting skills and costumes to use. Reluctantly, the agency agrees to give her one assignment, one chance to prove herself. Disguised as Lavinia Stewart, a middle-aged widow, Ellie travels to Arizona to begin her investigation. When the need arises, she also transforms into the dazzling Jessie Monroe, whose vivacious personality encourages people to talk.

Mine owner Steven Pierce is going to lose his business if he can't figure out who's stealing his silver shipments. In his wildest dreams, he never expected to receive help from a gray-haired widow... or to fall in love with her beautiful niece.

Then the thieves come after Lavinia and Jessie. Ellie isn't safe no matter which character she plays! Should she give up and reveal her true identity? What will Steven do when he realizes the woman he's falling in love with doesn't really exist?

Set in 1880s Arizona, Love in Disguise blends romance, humor, and mystery for a can't-put-down read.

My Review:

5 Stars

Love in Disguise by Carol Cox has it all and you don't want to miss it. With a plot full of romance, danger, mystery and disguise you can't go wrong and it will keep you guessing what is to come till the end of the book..

I loved this book and it has easily become one of my favorites. I loved watching Ellie switch between the two roles of Lavinia and Jessie and couldn't imagine being able to keep up with  it. She took acting to a whole new level and something many could not pull off. It was also fun watching the romance side of the story develop and I absolutely loved the way Steven acted when he found out the truth about Jessie/Lavinia/Ellie. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good mystery that is mixed with romance.

*I received this book through the author and Bethany House for the purpose of this review.

4 comments:

  1. Great review, and I completely agree! :) This book is so much fun!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope I get to read this one! Lovely review. If I don't get this one, I think I'll have to get it from the library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I tagged you for the Liebster Blog Award! Go to this link to find out more! http://nothingbetterthanabook.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I am anxiously awaiting this book! I don't know when I'll get it, but I will :)

    ReplyDelete