Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Promise to Love by Serena B. Miller

About the Book:

Can a marriage of convenience ever become one of true love?

Ingrid Larsen arrives in Michigan in 1871 with little more than the clothes on her back and a determination to find her brother, who has disappeared into the dangerous lumber camps. Destitute and barely hanging on to hope, the young Swedish immigrant crosses paths with Joshua Hunter, a newly widowed farmer with eyes the color of the ocean she had crossed and five rambunctious children to raise on his own.

Marriage would solve both of their problems, and Ingrid finds herself proposing in broken English to a man she barely knows. Many difficulties lie ahead--but the hardest battle of all will be winning the heart of her new husband.

My Review:

4.5 Stars

I have come to the conclusion that Serena B Miller books are just plain awesome. I have enjoyed every one I have read and find myself greatly looking forward to another one. I love how she writes in more than one setting, but I will say the logging setting is very interesting to me. Partially since I didn't know that much about it and it is not a setting that is written in as much.

I really liked Ingrid in this book, she did a bold and courageous move offering to marry Joshua Hunter so he wouldn't lose his kids. The crazy part was that throughout the whole book she kept making bold moves. She was not afraid and always tried to what is right. I couldn't imagine making the decisions that she did and in many ways thankful I do not have to.

I highly recommend this book to everyone that loves a good historical romance based on some real history. Serena really does her research and makes the setting the come to life.

* I received this book from Revell Books for the purpose of this review. Thank you!




1 comment:

  1. I loved this one too. Ingrid was just an awesome character. I adored Katie Calloway and I was so excited to see her and Robert make an appearance here. I can't wait for another one from Serena.

    2 Kids and Tired Books

    ReplyDelete