Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden

About the Book:

After a childhood rampant with uncertainty, Lydia Pallas has carved out a perfect life for herself. She spends her days within sight of the bustling Boston Harbor, where her skill with languages has landed her an enviable position as a translator for the U.S. Navy.

Lydia's talents bring her to the attention of Alexander Banebridge, a mysterious man in need of a translator. Driven by a campaign to end the opium trade, Bane is coolly analytical and relentless in his quest. He cannot afford to fall for Lydia and must fight the bittersweet love growing between them.

When Bane's enemies gain the upper hand, he is forced to turn to Lydia for help. Determined to prove her worth, Lydia soon discovers that carrying out Bane's mission will test her wits and her courage to the very limits.

When forces conspire against them from without and within, can their love survive? 

My Review:

5 Stars

I first have to say that I absolutely love Elizabeth Camden's books and anxiously look forward to her next one. She has easily become one of my favorite authors and her books keep getting better and better. Against the Tide is her third book but it brings back a much loved(at least by the end) character from her first book, The Lady of Bolton Hill. It was so much to see where his story would lead and see him as the hero of the book. By the way, you don't have to read the first book but it will give you a better understanding of Bane and the world he came from.

I really loved Lydia in this book and her talent at learning languages. The ability to learn a new language is definitely a talent and one that can give you unique jobs and put you in interesting situations  All of this Lydia faced and was how she crossed paths with Bane in the first place.  Lydia is such a sweet person that has had a rough road as a child and even to a point as an adult but it does not stop her from wanting to achieve happiness,security and success. I also really enjoyed the faith side of this story because it took the perspective of the hero leading the heroine to Christ and not the other way around (which seems more common).

In conclusion, I highly, highly recommend this book to everyone and also her other two books. You won't be sorry nor will you find it a waste of time. Instead you will be swept into these awesome romance stories that you won't want to put down and will be sad when they end. I know I can't wait till her next release.

*I received this book from the author for the purpose of this review. Thank You!

1 comment:

  1. I have this in my TBR stack and with each review I read, I'm more anxious to get to it. Great review.
    2 Kids and Tired Books

    ReplyDelete