Saturday, November 10, 2012

Placebo by Steven James

About the Book:

While covertly investigating a controversial neurological research program, exposé filmmaker Jevin Banks is drawn into a far-reaching conspiracy involving one of the world's largest pharmaceutical firms. After giving up his career as an escape artist and illusionist in the wake of his wife and sons' tragic death, Jevin is seeking not only answers about the questionable mind-to-mind communication program, but also answers to why his family suffered as they did.

Rooted in ground-breaking science and inspired by actual research, Placebo explores the far reaches of science, consciousness, and faith. Readers will love this taut, intelligent, and emotionally gripping new thriller from master storyteller Steven James.

 My Review:

5 Stars

When I first picked up this book I expected a normal suspense novel where you have a detective trying to figure out exactly what is going on.  While at its core that’s what this book is I found some of the twists with the characters very interesting,  I mean who has heard of a ex-magician going around and debunking people’s schemes.  The side characters in this book were well developed and very interesting I think the author did a good job at introducing them and I look forward to reading more about them in future works. The progression of the main character made you feel like you were working through his issues with him.  I also found that the book did keep me guessing as to who the real bad guy is and what the real plan was.  The author also did a good job leaving the ending of the book open for another book in the series and while they did give you some closure I would have liked to know exactly what happened to his wife and kids but I guess that just means I will have to pick up the next book in this series when it comes out! 

* I received this book through Revell for the purpose of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment