Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Short Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer

About the Book:

Four brothers. Four straws. One bride.

No one steps on Archer land. Not if they value their life. But when Meredith Hayes overhears a plot to burn the Archer brothers off their ranch, a long-standing debt compels her to take the risk.

Years of constant vigilance hardens a man. Yet when Travis Archer comes across a female trespasser with the same vivid blue eyes as the courageous young girl he once aided, he can't bring himself to send her away. And when an act of sacrifice leaves her injured and her reputation in shreds, gratitude and guilt prompt him to attempt to rescue her once again.

Despite the fact that Travis is no longer the gallant youth Meredith once dreamed about, she vows to stand by his side. But will love ever be hers? Or will Travis always see her as merely a short-straw bride?

My Review:
5 Stars

To start off with, doesn't this cover just make you want to run out and get the book! What a beautiful cover that helps set the setting of the book. Just as much as I loved the cover, I loved the book even more. I have read most of Karen's book and they have all been wonderful and different. From page one to the final page I enjoyed this book. The characters are so much fun and very believable. I enjoyed all the adventures they went on and was excited to find out how it all would turn out. 

I highly recommend this book to any one who loves historical romance and any current Karen Witemeyer fans. You won't be disappointed! I know I can't wait for her next release!

* I received this book from the author for the purpose of this review. Thank you Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment