Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Love Surrendered by Julie Lessman

About the Book:

Orphaned in Iowa, Annie Kennedy moves to Boston to stay with her spinster aunt. She longs for romance to fill the void left by her parents' death. But when she falls hard for Steven O'Connor, the man who broke an engagement to her sister, Annie is worried. Will he break her heart too when he discovers who she really is?

With heart-pounding romance, intense family drama, and emotional twists and turns, A Love Surrendered is everything Julie Lessman's many fans have been waiting for.
 My Review:
5 Stars ( or more like 10 stars )
What a fantastic book this was to read!!! A Love Surrendered is the third book in Julie Lessman's Winds of Change series and I think it was my favorite in this series. Annie Kennedy just jumped out of the pages and into my heart the minute  I met her. She was so much fun to read about and get to know. It was unique because she had not been in any of the others books so she was brand new to the family. It was also great catching up with the rest of the O'Connor's and learning about their plans and schemes!!!
With this book it is sad to think the end has come to the O'Connor family but the road was so much fun in hearing of all their adventures. Julie ended the book fantastically and I felt sad that it was over but there was still a conclusion to wonder six books that spanned two series and many decades. At least there is one more book to read, a lighter simpler tale of how Marcy and Patrick met all those years ago.
I highly (and even higher than that) recommend Julie's books to everyone who loves a good story filled with drama, tension, romance and wonderful Christian lessons. Though I warn any new reader to Juile, DO NOT read them out of order! Each book builds on the past one and it would just not be right to read them out of order. 
Congrats Julie on another wonderful novel that will remain in my heart and on my bookshelf for years to come.
* I received this book through Revell for the purpose of this review. Thank you Revell!

1 comment:

  1. A Love Surrendered was my favorite out of The Winds of Change series also! And while A Light in the Window(Marcy and Patrick's love story) is less pages it still doesn't lack Julie's trademark drama! Maybe a little less, but still drama...after all, it wouldn't be a book about the O'Connor's without the drama right?! And A Light in the Window is my favorite out of the whole series(The Daughters of Boston and The Winds of Change). Great review!

    Julie@My Favorite Pastime

    ReplyDelete