Sunday, February 12, 2012

When the Smoke Clears by Lynette Eason

About the Book:

After a brush with death due to equipment failure, smokejumper Alexia Allen is ordered to take time off while the incident is under investigation. She makes a last-minute decision to recuperate at her mother's home and attend her high school reunion. Yet trouble seems to be following her, and within hours of arriving home she is confronted with murder, arson--and a handsome detective.

But the conflicts ahead are nothing compared to the ghosts of her past. As she struggles to accept and forgive her family's past, she must also decide if the secret she's been guarding for the last ten years must finally come to light.

Chock-full of the suspense and romantic tension you've come to expect from Lynette Eason, When the Smoke Clears is the explosive first book in the Deadly Reunions series.

My Review:

Warning: this book will make you mad! Okay, mad in that you will want to read the second book right away and not have to wait till fall 2012. Now that the warning is over, I loved this book. It was such a fun adventure that kept me guessing who did, what happened to one of the characters and how things would work out. Things did not wrap up like I expected at all, and at the end I almost through the book across the room since there was a huge cliffhanger and I wanted to know what happened. I really enjoyed reading about Alexia's story and trying to find out who is wanting her dead and how the detective will fall into her life.  As much as this book is fun there is some real depth to the story as well. Forgiveness, loving others through protecting even when its hard and being honest are all things the characters need to learn as well as God's love for them. This is the first book from Lynette Eason that I have read and will be reading more in the future. I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars.

*I received this book from Revell for the purpose of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment