Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Passion Redeemed by Julie Lessman

About the Book:

Graced with physical beauty, though shallow of heart, Charity O'Connor is a woman who knows what she wants. She sets her sights on the cantankerous Mitch Dennehy, editor at the Irish Times, who has unwittingly stolen her heart. And although the sparks are there, Mitch refuses to fan the coals of a potential relationship with his ex-fiancee's sister. But Charity has a plan to turn up the heat and she always gets what she wants--one way or another. Is revenge so sweet after all? Or will Charity get burned?

Full of intense passion, betrayal, and forgiveness, A Passion Redeemed will delight Lessman's fans and draw new ones.

My Review:

What a fantastic book! After reading A Passion Most Pure I just knew I was going to love this book, well I sure did love it and I think I loved it even more! Julie Lessman does an amazing job at weaving together this story filled with so many characters, multiple plot lines and so much depth that I started to forget that the characters were just fictional. She is an author truly blessed by God with the gift of writing and I am so grateful that I have found her books. They will remain favorites forever!

In the first book I neither liked nor disliked Charity, I just kind of found her annoying and obnoxious but in this book I came to love her so much and really wanted the best for her. She, like so many of us do, took the hard route in life before realizing that she needed to trust God with all her heart, soul and mind! It was so hard to see her getting as hurt as she did because she was choosing to live life with out God. Though I could relate to that since I too thought I could do it on my own at times and it never works. In the end Charity learns the great lesson to trust in God's perfect timing and know that He love's you and wants the best for you. In this book, I also fell in love with one of the secondary characters, Emma, who had been hurt time and time again and still has a gentle spirit and a trust in God. Wow, what a role model there!

Well, since I gave the first book in the series 10 stars out of 5, this one must get at least 11 out of 5!

4 comments:

  1. WHOO-HOO, JEN, YOU MADE MY DAY!!! First because you didn't want to see Charity killed or maimed like so many of my readers after APMP!! :) And secondly because you actually liked her as she is my favorite heroine in the saga so far. As the books go on, she just gets funnier and funnier and is such a hoot that by the time you get to Emma's story, that she made me laugh in almost every scene she was in, even the sad ones!!

    APR is my favorite of the Daughters of Boston, but A Hope Undaunted (Katie's story) is my fave of all the books so far, so if you liked Mitch, then you will LOVE AHU because both that hero and Mitch are my two faves as far as my heroes go, and it sounds like you and I have similar tastes. :)

    Thanks again for taking the time to read APR AND write such a GREAT review -- I am blessed and SOOO ready to ship you a copy of AHR, so keep reading, girlfriend because hopefully now that you know all the characters, it will just get better and better. :)

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I think I liked Charity because I could in ways relate to her. In the end all she wanted was to be loved and was looking for it in all the wrong ways which is something I could relate to. I definitely did not want her harmed only wanted the best for her.

      Delete
  2. I also adore the cover art - it really is lovely! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This and A Passion Denied are my favorite books of Julie's so far. I love her O'Connor family so much! I still have yet to read A Heart Revealed, and am also really looking forward to the final book in the series as well! :)

    ReplyDelete