Monday, February 13, 2012

Gone to Ground by Brandilyn Collins

About the book:

Amaryllis, Mississippi is a scrappy little town of strong backbone and southern hospitality. A brick-paved Main Street, a park, and a legendary ghost in the local cemetery are all part of its heritage. Everybody knows everybody in Amaryllis, and gossip wafts on the breeze. Its people are friendly, its families tight. On the surface Amaryllis seems much like the flower for which it’s named—bright and fragrant. But the Amaryllis flower is poison.

In the past three years five unsolved murders have occurred within the town. All the victims were women, and all were killed in similar fashion in their own homes. And just two nights ago—a sixth murder.

Clearly a killer lives among the good citizens of Amaryllis. And now three terrified women are sure they know who he is—someone they love. None is aware of the others’ suspicions. And each must make the heartrending choice to bring the killer down. But each woman suspects a different man.

My Review:

Wow! What a book! What an ending! When it comes to suspense look no further than this book, it won't let you down. Gone to Ground is told from three different women with there own point of view and they all think they know who the murderer is but the catch is they all suspect someone different. Brandilyn Collins does a great job writing in this style because she truly gives each character her own unique voice.   After reading each characters sections a couple of times you can tell who is who by the writing style which is something you don't always get from other books written like this. I loved Cherrie Mae in this book she was by far my favorite and really made the setting truly southern. Her accent and mannerisms were so much fun to read and I could picture her very vividly. Suspense books to me can be either very fun to read or kind of a let down. This book is not a let down by any means and when I found out who the murderer was I was completely shocked and never in a million years would have suspected that person. What I though happened was pretty much all wrong and that makes it fun. I do not want to read a suspense book and withing the first half or so be able to solve it and be right.Gone to Ground is definitely a solid 5 star novel and I will be reading more from Brandilyn Collins in the future. 

* I received this book from the publisher through PR by the book for the purpose of this review.

Book Trailer:


5 comments:

  1. Julie Lippo told me about you.It sounds like a Great book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following now! I hope you come across many other great books here. Also, be on the lookout for giveaways...I do them every once in awhile! Gone to Ground was an excellent book!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful review, Jen! I crave a good suspense once in awhile, but as everyone knows, historical fiction is my first love. I'm going to have to try this one and Over the Edge, since you have so highly recommended them, but right now I have 5 books in my review stack, that I need to get moving on...and waaay more than that in my TBR stack! lol Seems like sometimes you can read a house afire and other times, it's like here a chapter, there a chapter, and that's what I'm going through now. Probably b/c I haven't been feeling well, and have a hard time concentrating on reading. It just makes me sleepy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Jen! Ok, I have to get this book!!! I've never read any of Brandilyn's though so I will be in for a total surprise :) I don't know when I'll fit it in my schedule but it just has to be done!
    Thanks for NO spoilers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered this book, read it and Loved it!!! It kept me wondering right up until the end, as I sat there with my mouth hanging open in "awe". Loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete