Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman

About the Book:

She's found the love of her life.

Unfortunately, he loves her sister.

As World War I rages across the Atlantic in 1916, a smaller war is brewing in Boston. Faith O'Connor finds herself drawn to an Irish rogue who is anything but right for her. Collin McGuire is brash, cocky, and from the wrong side of the tracks, not to mention forbidden by her father. And then there's the small matter that he is secretly courting her younger sister. But when Collin's affections shift, it threatens to tear her proper Boston family apart.

Book 1 of the Daughters of Boston series, A Passion Most Pure will carry your heart from the sophisticated streets of Boston to the green hills of Ireland as men go off to war and women long for their return. Full of passion, romance, rivalry, and betrayal, it will captivate you from the first page.

My Review:

Wow, Wow, Wow! Words can not describe how much I loved this book. From the first page to the last this book held my attention and I could not put it down. Actually I read this 480 page book within 48 hours! A Passion Most Pure made me laugh, cry, get made at the characters, and to encourage them and want the best for them. The characters feel like real people they have all had to deal with the life they have been given and respond in their own ways. I loved how I could relate to so many of the characters. I saw myself in in Faith when she was angry at God and in Marcy when she felt like everything was falling apart around her. Even more important about this book is all the lessons Julie manages to teach us throughout this book. Many Christian fiction novels weave in the message of God's love but this one goes so much deeper than that. This is a book that will always have a special place on my bookshelf and will be re read many times. Do not just consider getting this book to read, just get it you will not be disappointed! This book deserves 10 stars out of 5, its that good!

9 comments:

  1. I am reading this book right now, Jen! Thanks for posting the review! I am about 20% in and enjoying it! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on page 170 ish of A Passion Redeemed and its just as good as the first!

      Delete
  2. I loved this book!! This one was probably my favorite of all Julie's books, although it's hard to pick a fave of her books. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I can't wait to read the rest of her books.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I am still trying to make some adjustments to it...blogger can be so confusing!

      Delete
  4. To coin a phrase ... "WOW, WOW, WOW"!!! Jen, you sweetheart, you -- WHAT A REVEIW!!! Holy cow, this blew my socks off, which as you know from Carrie's blog, I don't even wear! :)

    Thank you SO much for one of the nicest reviews I have ever gotten and blessing me to no end!!! I'm praying RIGHT NOW that God blesses you right back.

    Hugs and more hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, gotta say.....Julie's books get better and better! Keep reading!
    I love her books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, this is a great book. However, don't stop here! You will not be sorry to take the time to read all of Julie's books, in order. They all are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete