Monday, September 17, 2012

With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin

About the Book:

They know everything about each other--except their real names.

Lt. Mellie Blake is looking forward to beginning her training as a flight nurse. She is not looking forward to writing a letter to a man she's never met--even if it is anonymous and part of a morale-building program. Lt. Tom MacGilliver, an officer stationed in North Africa, welcomes the idea of an anonymous correspondence--he's been trying to escape his infamous name for years.

As their letters crisscross the Atlantic, Tom and Mellie develop a unique friendship despite not knowing the other's true identity. When both are transferred to Algeria, the two are poised to meet face-to-face for the first time. Will they overcome their fears and reveal who they are, or will their future be held hostage by their pasts?

Combining a flair for romance with excellent research and attention to detail, Sarah Sundin vividly brings to life the perilous challenges of WWII aviation, nursing--and true love.

My Review:

5 Stars

WOW, I loved this book from the very first page to the last page. I didn't want it to end and I can't wait to read the next two books in the series and get to know to of the minor characters from this one. With Every Letter is the first book from Sarah Sundin that I have read and now I can't wait to go back and read her other books. I loved having a romance set during WWII and seeing a happy story develop in the midst of war. Many stories set during war times can be so sad, and they forget there were many happy things going on during that time too. I was swept into the romance of this story and couldn't wait to see how they would find out who each other is and where it would go from there. In the end, I really can't say enough good things about this book and recommend it to everyone.

*I received this book from Revell for the purpose of this review. Thank you Revell!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jen - thank you so much for the lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed Tom & Mellie's story!

    ReplyDelete