Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Love's Reckoning by Laura Frantz

About the Book:

On a bitter December day in 1784, Silas Ballantyne arrives at the door of blacksmith Liege Lee in York County, Pennsylvania. Silas is determined to finish his apprenticeship quickly and move west. But because he is a fast worker and a superb craftsman, Liege endeavors to keep him in York by appealing to an old tradition: the apprentice shall marry one of his master's beautiful daughters.

Eden is as gentle and fresh as Elspeth is high-spirited and cunning. But are they truly who they appear to be? In a house laced with secrets, each sister seeks to secure her future. Which one will claim Silas's heart--and will he agree to Liege's arrangement?

In this sweeping family saga, one man's choices in love and work, in friends and enemies, set the stage for generations to come. This is the Ballantyne Legacy.

My Review:

5 Star

Love's Reckoning is the first book I have read from Laura Frantz and I know with out a shadow of a doubt I will be reading more from. I know many people who love her books and now I know why. This book is wonderful and I enjoyed every minute of it. Laura Frantz writes with a different style then many other authors out there and I felt like it read more like classic books. That is just my own opinion. The characters, setting and such are described in great detail and she takes her time in developing the characters. By the end of the story they feel real and multidimensional. The characters of Eden and Elspeth are both fun and different and I came to like them for different reasons. I am greatly looking forward to following their story in the future. The only downside I found with the book is that I have to wait a year for book 2 to release. I recommend this book to anyone who loves historical romances and family sagas, which to me makes a great combination. Way to go Laura Frantz on an excellent book!

*I received this book from Revell for the purpose of this review. Thank you Revell!

3 comments:

  1. Jen, A little bird brought your review to my attention - a bookish one;) And I just wanted to come by and say thank you for taking time for my books and for crafting such a beautiful review. I don't usually read my reviews but am so thankful for you. I will try to write faster! If you keep reading, I'll keep penning stories. Bless you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get this one! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete