Saturday, April 7, 2012

The 13th Tribe by Robert Liparlulo

About the Book:

Their story didn’t start this year . . . or even this millennium.

It began when Moses was on Mt. Sinai. Tired of waiting on the One True God, the twelve tribes of Israel began worshipping a golden calf through pagan revelry. Many received immediate death for their idolatry, but 40 were handed a far worse punishment—endless life on earth with no chance to see the face of God.

This group of immortals became the 13th Tribe, and they’ve been trying to earn their way into heaven ever since—by killing sinners. Though their logic is twisted, their brilliance is undeniable. Their wrath is unstoppable. And the technology they possess is beyond anything mere humans have ever seen.

Jagger Baird knows nothing about the Tribe when he’s hired as head of security for an archaeological dig on Mt. Sinai. The former Army Ranger is still reeling from an accident that claimed the life of his best friend, his arm, and his faith in God.

The Tribe is poised to execute their most ambitious attack ever and the lives of millions hang in the balance. When Jagger’s wife and son are caught in the crossfire, he’ll stop at nothing to save them. But how can one man stand against an entire tribe of immortals?

My Review:

I am not really sure what to say about this book, it is not my usual genre and I wanted to try something different. In the end I just don't think this book is for me. My husband as read many books by this author and has loved them and I would assume he would like this one too. For me, I think I will pass on reading this type of book in the future. I will say the writing was good and the story was put together good. Robert Liparlulo does manage to take you on an adventure with some unexpected twists though I found the beginning to be slow and it took me awhile to really figure out what was going on. I suspect many people out there that like sci fi/thrillers will love this book. 

*I received this book from booksneeze.com for the purpose of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment