Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Brickmaker's Bride by Judith Miller

About the Book:

Book One in Refined by Love series

Yearning for a fresh start, Ewan McKay travels with his aunt and uncle from northern Scotland to West Virginia, promising to trade his skills in the clay business for financial assistance from his uncle Hugh. Hugh purchases a brickmaking operation from a Civil War widow and her daughter, but it’s Ewan who gets the business up and running again. Ewan seeks help from Laura, the former owner’s daughter, and he feels a connection with her, but she’s being courted by another man–a lawyer with far more social clout and money than Ewan. Besides, Ewan has resolved he’ll focus on making the brickmaking operation enough of a success that he can become a partner in the business and be able to afford to bring his sisters over from Scotland.

But when Hugh signs a bad business deal, all Ewan’s hard work may come to naught. As his plans begin to crumble, Laura reveals something surprising. She and her mother may have a way to save the brickworks, and in turn Ewan may have another shot at winning Laura’s heart.

My Review:

4 Stars

The Brickmaker's Bride is only the second book I have read from Judith Miller but if I didn't enjoy her then I do now. I have also read a few books where she co authored with Tracie Peterson which is the first place I heard her name. I am glad I have discovered this author and look forward to reading more in this series.

I found this book to be a great pace and an enjoyable story. A story abouth taking a chance on love and trusting God in the disappointing times and the good times. I really enjoyed the characters and felt like Judith Miller did an excellent job at bringing them to life and giving them multiple facets.  I really enjoyed the setting and found it fun that Ewan came from Scotland. Overall I really enjoyed this book and look forward to more.

*I Received this book through Litfuse Publicity for the purpose of this review. Thank You!


No comments:

Post a Comment