Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fatal Exchange by Lisa Harris

About the Book:

Genre: Romantic Suspense

Book 2 in Southern Crimes

Desperate times create desperate people. And desperate people are dangerous . . .

Though Emily Hunt comes from a family of cops, the relatively quiet life of a high school teacher suits her just fine. She's saving up to buy a house, slowly moving forward after her brother's death, and settling into a life she loves. So the last person she wants to spend time with is Mason Taylor.

An undercover cop, Mason is enemy number one as far as her family is concerned. His involvement in the death of Emily's brother is still up in the air, and now he expects her to help him with a case. Mason has been working with one of her students, Rafael Cerda, whose brother has been kidnapped by a drug cartel. And with time running out to meet their demands, Rafael is getting desperate.

Emily will have to draw on all of her strength to handle what happens next . . .

Fatal Exchange will draw you into a complex matrix of intertwining lives, unraveling secrets, and unexpected love.

My review:

4 Stars

Lisa Harris' debut novel lest me wanting for more and her newest book delivers. I recommend reading book one before this one, but it can work on its own. Twists, turns, mystery and thrill are just some elements you will find in this book. As with her first book this is a complete page turner. Once I started I couldn't stop till I plowed straight through to the ending. I found Lisa Harris did a fantastic job of tying in Faith with each of her characters, they all have their lessons they need to learn and grow in different ways but it is there.

Fantastic novel from a great semi-new author that deserves to be checked out by any one that enjoys a good romantic suspense, your really can't go wrong. I know I can't wait to see how things all tie together in book 3 and conclusion to this series.

* I received this book from Revell Reads for the purpose of this review. My honest opinion was all that was expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment