Saturday, August 20, 2011

Someone to Blame by C.S. Lakin


Over the last few months I have read many books and look forward to each and everyone, and every once and a while a book disappoints. This book, Someone to Blame, just did not live up to what I had expected from it. It was my first book by C.S. Lakin and I don't hesitate to read more from her one day. I found the book to be very slow moving and it took a long time for good character development. I will say the more I read it did get better but never fully drew me in.

In Someone to Blame the Moore family has seen more tragedy in a short period of time than any family needs. After the deaths, not at the same time, of their sons the family decides to move as far a way as possible. They land in the small coastal town of Breakers. They are filled with sadness, anger, guilt and blame and if they can't find a place of grace and healing they may just be torn apart. Though one obstacle may come in their journey to healing and that comes in the form of a drifter that is causing trouble for this small town.

The book begins on a sad tone, and takes awhile for the reader to even find out what exactly happened, but by the end there is a tone of grace, healing and happiness. In the end I am glad I have read the story but defiantly would recommend it to people who want to read a book with very deep stuff in it.

I received this book by the publisher, Zondervan, for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment